Re: [Condor-users] Can't start up 6.6.11 static glibc 2.3 on Linux SUSE 10.1

Hi

My central manager is currently Suse 10.1 - soon to be Scintific Linux. To get it to work I had to
set the following in the condor_config file

# LINUX SETTINGS
CONDOR_IDS = 1000.100

I created the condor user via yast (make sure you do the same and then set your condor_ids as
appropriate)

You can then disable user login for condor in yast - that does not prevent Condor from working
correctly.

Also note that I installed condor-6.6.11-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic.tar.gz

And that I had to install lib-std-c++ compat (or something similar) using yast --install ...

HTH

James

---

Dr James Osborne BSc PhD
High End Computing Support Engineer
Information Services, Cardiff University, 50 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, Wales UK
Tel: +44(0)29 2087 4657
Fax: +44(0)29 2087 4285
Email: osborneja1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/insrv/condor

>>> Ian Cottam <ian.cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/03/2007 13:54:38 >>>
I meant to say SUSE 10.1 below (not 10.2, sorry)
-Ian

--
Ian Cottam
Information Systems Manager