From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Leo Cristobal C.
Ambolode II
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:49 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Using Dagman

Hi all,

I have written jobs using Dagman and submitted them succesfully, but one
thing I can not figure out is that the dagman job stayed for 5 minutes
or so then executes the first node job. I tried the examples (the
diamond.dag), still the first node job is executed after 5 minutes when
I fire the condor_submit_dag command. Can anyone explain what the Dag is
doing in the first 5 minutes? Is it purely due to communication traffic?

And also, is there a way that I can reduce this time...I wanted that
when I fire the condor_submit_dag command, the first node job will
automatically be executed. I am not using Pre scripts yet.

Thanks,

Leo