Re: [Condor-users] Using Dagman

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Leo Cristobal C. Ambolode II wrote:

> I have written jobs using Dagman and submitted them succesfully, but one
> thing I can not figure out is that the dagman job stayed for 5 minutes or
> so then executes the first node job. I tried the examples (the
> diamond.dag), still the first node job is executed after 5 minutes when I
> fire the condor_submit_dag command. Can anyone explain what the Dag is
> doing in the first 5 minutes? Is it purely due to communication traffic?

Actually, most likely DAGMan isn't doing *anything* during those five
minutes -- it probably hasn't actually started running yet.  (What does
condor_q say for the status?  "I" means idle.)

What version of condor are you running?  There was a bug that often caused
scheduler universe jobs to sit around for five minutes before running, but
I'm pretty sure it was fixed some time during the 6.7 series.

> And also, is there a way that I can reduce this time...I wanted that when
> I fire the condor_submit_dag command, the first node job will
> automatically be executed. I am not using Pre scripts yet.

Try doing a condor_reschedule immediately after you submit the DAG.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team