Re: [Condor-users] NIS Server

Hi,

It might be not recommended, but it's working by me.

I have a "condor" user registered on the NIS server, with an NFS shared home.
The logs files are stored on each computer.

I must recognize that I "sometimes" have troubles, but not that often, and this is most often related to NFS than because of the NIS server.

If you need more help on specific subjects, I'd be glad to help you.

Nicolas

----------------
On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:55:17 +0100
Jon Rea wrote:

> Ary Junior wrote:
> > Hi, I have a little question. On my lan with a NIS server sharing the
> > passwd and the group files where the NFS shares the /home, I can use
> > the same condor user on all machines? Is there anybody here with the
> > same ambient?
> >
> > Thanks very much.

> > The archives can be found at either
> > https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/
> > http://www.opencondor.org/spaces/viewmailarchive.action?key=CONDOR
> Hi,
>
> We have NIS, but when I set up our pool, I just created a per-machine
> condor user with a local home /condor_home. I really wouldn't recommend
> a single condor user esp with a home over NFS as the log files etc end
> up in the /home/condor/log folder, and I think there are known issues
> with NFS handles etc.
>
> Good Luck,
> Jon
>
> The archives can be found at either
> http://www.opencondor.org/spaces/viewmailarchive.action?key=CONDOR

CNRS - UPR 9080 : Laboratoire de Biochimie Theorique

Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique
13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
75005 PARIS - FRANCE

Tel : +33 158 41 51 70