Re: [Condor-users] NIS Server

On Mon May 14 2007 3:18 am, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It might be not recommended, but it's working by me.
>
> I have a "condor" user registered on the NIS server, with an NFS shared
> home. The logs files are stored on each computer.

I'd like to point out that it's very easy (trivial) to setup Condor to have
the log files on a local file system.  You should also consider moving spool
and execute similarly.  Just change the LOG (and SPOOL and EXECUTE)
definition in your condor_config file, run condor_reconfig and go. i.e.:

LOG = /local/condor/log
SPOOL = /local/condor/spool
EXECUTE = /local/condor/execute

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< The matrix has you. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project