Re: [Condor-users] Condor Pool (not working..)

CONDOR_HOST should be set to the "central node" (I avoid using the term "condor
master" since that is the name of the daemon that runs on each machine in the condor
pool).

The most common scenario us that it will both the Negotiator and the Collector,
and none of the other machines in the pool will run them! More complicated
scenarios could have Negotiator and Collector on different machines
(via COLLECTOR_HOST or NEGOTIATOR_HOST) and/or backup
versions of them running too, but lets keep it simple for now.

Therefore on "central node" will probably look like:
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, COLLECTOR, NEGOTIATOR
( maybe with a STARTD, SCHEDD as well - useful for testing as condor user )

and on worker nodes
CONDOR_HOST = <central.node>
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, STARTD

and on submit nodes
CONDOR_HOST = <central.node>
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, SCHEDD

Many pools have most/all nodes able to submit and execute jobs so they would
have both STARTD and SCHEDD Daemons running

JK