Re: [Condor-users] CurrentTime = ?

On May 17, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Jones, Torrin A ((US SSA)) wrote:

I just started using Condor in the last month.  I'm using the drmaa
library to submit jobs to condor.  However setting DRMAA_START_TIME
doesn't work correctly.  The code is hardcoded to always set . . .

PeriodicRelease     =(CurrentTime > 0)
Hold                = True

So I'm working around the problem using DRMAA_NATIVE_SPECIFICATION. The
problem is I need to calculate the time to set.  Apparently, it's the
difference in seconds between the time you want to run and January 1,
1970 at 00:00.

However when I run the job, it always runs right away.  That means my
calculation is incorrect.  I've checked it over, and it seems correct.
So my question is, how can I get what CurrentTime is set to from condor?

CurrentTime is a special attribute that represents the current time when an expression is evaluated. It's represented as the current unix time (number of seconds since Jan 1, 1970). So you'd want an expression like this:
PeriodicRelease = CurrentTime > [time you want your job to start at]

The hardcoded expression above is strange, as it will always evaluate to True.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |