Re: [Condor-users] "ExeCaKeyF04" error

Out of interest - I don't know the answer but what kind of XP is it you are using - Home/Pro?

I'm guessing the set_acls.exe is doing the access control stuff - I don't know if this is supported by default on all Windows XP (Home??) installations, and I'm not sure even if it is supported whether it has to be explicitly turned on?

Si Hammond
Univ. of Warwick

Hi,
I have asked this question before but still I can get a correct solution. I am trying to install Condor 6.8.4 on an XP machine using the MSI and towards the
end I get the following error:

CUSTOM ACTION "ExeCaKeyF04" FAILED (unexpected return code). LOCATION:
C:\Condor\, COMMAND: "cmd.exe" /c condor_set_acls.exe “C:\Condor”

I thought it was a bug in 6.8.4 and so yesterday I tried 6.8.5 and I'm still getting the error. I'm now going to try an earlier version, since according to earlier posts they don't exhibit the same phenomenon. But I think the Condor developers might want to look into this. It has happened to other people
before.

If you have a solution, please share.