Re: [Condor-users] Error 1067

PAUL PHILIP TRIPP <ppt5000@...> writes:

> I am installing condor on a windows XP Prof computer.I tried starting
> condor using 'net start condor' and it says 'The Condor service
> was started successfully' but I can't see any of the deamons running.
> So I tried starting the service manually and I get the following message:Could
not start the Condor Service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The
> process terminated unexpectedly.Any ideas of what could be wrong,
> the config files look ok compared to machines we have successfully gotten
> condor to run on.Thanks,Paul

I am convinced that Error 1067 is the one that also causes the ExeCaKeyF04 error
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.condor.user/12161). I have not
been able to establish what causes the error on XP (and, apparently, neither has
anyone else). I have tried ALL stable versions of Condor on my machine but still
can't install. No problem on Windows 2000, so I may have to down-grade my OS. :-(