Re: [Condor-users] "ExeCaKeyF04" error

M.L.Russell <M.L.Russell@...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I was getting this problem a lot recently trying to install Condor as the
> supplied MSI, through Active Directory. It kept coming up with this same
> error. I thought that there was a problem with the downloaded MSI file that
> I had obtained. I uninstalled condor through the usual "Add/Remove
> programs", then rebooted the machines, manually removed the c:\condor
> directory and then used RegEdit to remove the HKLM/software/condor (or
> whatever it's path was) from the registry. I downloaded a fresh version of
> the MSI, and reapplied the new MSI to the machines through AD. It's worked
> without a problem on the PCs since. I know that it might be a silly
> question, but have you checked the Event Viewer log to see if there were
> any other errors on the PCs before the Condor install - just in case it got
> caught up with something before hand? I've had the Windows Installer mess
> up before, which has caused all sorts of issues in other software installs
> at a later point?
>
> If you do find out the cause for the problem, can you let the mailing list
> know, as it sounds like a bit of a bugbear!?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark Russell

I installed Windows XP service pack 1 and I was able to install Condor 6.6.11
without a problem. I figured the reason the error comes up on SP2 is because of
all those security features. I agree it might not be the best solution, but my
final-year project is due soon and I needed to get this over with.

The manual claims that Condor can work on both NTFS(recommended) and FAT32 but
it seems if you want to use the MSI you have to install on an NTFS partition.

Thanks.