Re: [Condor-users] Standard universe python: dynamic library problem

Colin,

> Thanks, Daniel.  I have very little experience with dynamic linking,
> but I can't help but wonder: in the standard universe, filesystem
> operations use a remote system call mechanism, and since dynamic
> libraries are just files, wouldn't these also be loaded from the
> remote submit node?  If this were the case, then the glibc versions
> are always the same because they are from the same machine?

There are many issues here, but a basic one is that the Condor glibc
does not support mmap() and dlopen() needs mmap() since that is what
would theoretically load the file from the remote submit node.

There are even more fundamental problems beyond that, but the lack of
mmap() makes the point moot.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics