Re: [Condor-users] Standard universe python: dynamic library problem

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 09:18:25PM -0500, Colin Dewey wrote:
> Thanks, Daniel.  I have very little experience with dynamic linking,
> but I can't help but wonder: in the standard universe, filesystem
> operations use a remote system call mechanism, and since dynamic
> libraries are just files, wouldn't these also be loaded from the
> remote submit node?  If this were the case, then the glibc versions
> are always the same because they are from the same machine?

No. Dynamic loading is through mmap(), not read(). The Condor standard
universe doesn't support mmap() (except for a special case) and so you
can't use it to load in dynamic libraries from the submit machine.
Furthermore, jobs in the standard universe are always linked statically, so
they never use dynamic libraries.

-Erik