Re: [Condor-users] condor-submit -remote

Hi John,

You have to set up some sort of remote authentication mechanism in order to be able to do remote submissions. Have you done that?

The security section in the manual describes the various mechanisms supported by Condor and howto configure them.

--Dan

Kewley, J (John) wrote:

I get authentication errors when I try to submit a job using
condor-submit -remote <condor_resource> <submit_file>

I actually have a full installation of condor on the local
submitting node, but thought I'd try submitting to a different scheduler.

Is there something I need to setup to enable this? I am planning
to have a single submission node on the pool and just have condor_submit
on the clients to submit to it. Am I missing / misunderstanding something here?

I get errors like:
---
ERROR: Failed to connect to queue manager animal.dl.ac.uk
AUTHENTICATE:1002:Failure performing handshake
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
WSACleanup() failed, errno = 10093
---
when trying to submit from a Windows to a Linux machine (note that I can
submit to the schedd on the client as normal)

and

---
condor@condor:~/test$ condor_submit -remote animal.dl.ac.uk do_Machine
Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Failed to connect to queue manager animal.dl.ac.uk
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI
GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate.  Globus is reporting error (851968:45).  There
is probably a problem with your credentials.  (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS
---

when going from Linux to Linux

Cheers

JK