Re: [Condor-users] condor-submit -remote

> Hi John,
>
> You have to set up some sort of remote authentication
> mechanism in order
> to be able to do remote submissions.  Have you done that?
>
> The security section in the manual describes the various mechanisms
> supported by Condor and howto configure them.
>
> --Dan

bah! I was hoping to avoid that and rely on host-based.

It isn't intuitive that if I take a machine, I can install
condor on it and add it into the pool, submitting jobs from its
own schedd to all over the pool, yet I cannot use that same
install to submit remotely to other schedds in the pool.

I think I rely on FS security (or whatever the default is), how is
this different in the remote submission rather than local submission case?

thanks

JK
j.kewley@xxxxxxxx