From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Dan Bradley
Sent: Tue 27/11/2007 23:53
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Problem with match: sending small msg failed

In the latest version of Condor, about to be released as 6.9.5, it
should be possible to run Condor completely without using UDP.

The specific problem you are having in the negotiator can be bypassed in
6.9.5 like this:

NEGOTIATOR_INFORM_STARTD = False

That disables the UDP message from the negotiator to the startd.

As John mentioned, in current versions of Condor, you can also have your
daemons advertise themselves to the collector using TCP instead of UDP.
You may not have a problem with that, since, presumably, you already
have your daemons successfully advertising themselves to the collector.

Other places where UDP can be bypassed in 6.9.5:

SCHEDD_SEND_VACATE_VIA_TCP = true
STARTD_SENDS_ALIVES = true

--Dan