Re: [Condor-users] Condor development release 6.9.5 now available

On Nov 29, 2007 1:21 AM, Derek Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Condor Team is pleased to announce the release and immediate
> availability of Condor 6.9.5 for download from:
>
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/downloads

As someone interested in this when it comes as 7.0.0

> condor_ submit can now write the ClassAds it generates to a file instead of sending them to the condor_ schedd daemon.
Ooooh - would i be interpreting this correctly by thinking this means
you can run a submit which dumps to a file which can then be
programmatically trickled into the queue yourself? Or have I missed
the point

> Windows Versions
Thank you. much nicer to manage

> MAX_CONCURRENT_UPLOADS
Worth knowing about. If I had (say) a dedicated windows multi cpu
submit machine with fast (Gigabit) network to a few hundred execute
nodes which could all activate at once can I push the default higher
than 10 and if so what number would you suggest :)

> Reduced memory requirements of condor_ shadow
On windows does it still need the desktop heap?

>POSIX_PATH_MAX limit. Now the only limit is whatever limit the
operating system enforces on the system where the files are accessed.
I assume you haven't bothered to write to the win32 unicode api's with
the necessary quoting to allow > 255 paths...
If you have I'm impressed, and look forward to mails to the list of
"My job ran but I can't access the resulting files in explorer"  :)

> WARN_ON_UNUSED_SUBMIT_FILE_MACROS
Are these warnings going to stderr or stdout? (for those of us who
script the submit and parse the output)

> On Windows daylight saving is handled incorrectly by stat() and fstat().
Hehe - wondered when you guys would fix that one. annoying isn't it

Thanks,
Matt