Re: [Condor-users] Renderfarm -- Suggestionþ

Hello, we have a renderfarm service based on Condor.

We use it to render 3DS Max and Lightwave and we don't use Condor_render.
The way we do this is very easy: we have the 3DS Max installed in our
dedicated and non-dedicated machines and then we can render a scene by
command line.

In case of Lightwave, there are 9 or 10 .dll's that are necessary to
render and we have them in the machines. We transfer the .exe and the .cfg
files and, just like in 3DS, we can render by command line.

In the submit file we specify the transfer_input_files(textures, objects,
etc.), the initial and final frames, etc. For example: if we have to
render a 300 frames scene, in the .sub file we make 300 Queues, one per
each frame, and at the end we have the 300 frames in our submitter
machine. Then our clients do their post-production work.

We have our central manage in an Unix System, concretely in a Ubuntu.

Obviously you have to install Windows on the executor machines as
Lightwave and 3DS only work under this OS.

I hope this will solve some of your doubts.

--
Daniel Tardón (daniel@xxxxxxxxxx)

Director del Grupo Grid de Cediant