Re: [Condor-users] Setting Condor Job Owner in Windows

Diane wrote:

When I submit the same condor.submit file from a java application:

        String[] condorCommand = { “condor_submit”, "condor.submit"} ;

process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec( condorCommand, null, workingDir);

the job is started as owner ‘system’ and I get error:

[snip]

> Does anyone know how to change my app to use user ‘diane’ instead of
> ‘system’?

So Condor will want to use the identity of the user who invoked condor_submit. Perhaps one quick way to solve your problem above (assuming Windows XP Professional or above) is to use runas.exe. First as user Diane do "runas /savecred" --- see "runas /?" for more info.

Then in your java service, instead of

  String[] condorCommand = { “condor_submit”, "condor.submit"} ;

do something like

String[] condorCommand = { “runas”, "/noprofile", "/user:mydomain\diane","condor_submit"} ;

Just a thought.....

-Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences