Re: [Condor-users] Standard universe support

As a side note for your SATA problem and RHEL. For certain models of machine we use it was required that we alter a default setting in the BIOS before the SATA controller was correctly seen by the kernel. Beyond that nothing unusual was needed to get it working. Partly this is because the controller was a mix of SAS and SATA I believe. These were HP systems btw.

_chip

On 10/4/07, Leandro Doctors <ldoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le Thursday 4 October 2007 08:23, Steffen Grunewald a écrit:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 05:31:23PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > >If it works with RHEL 5, it should work with Scientific Linux 5[0],
> > >right?
> >
> > Most likely.  Actually, if you look carefully at the Condor download
> > page, you'll see that almost all of the Linux download links are
> > actually links to the RHEL tarball.  At least, that was the case the
> > last time I visited there.  Distributions aren't as different as they
> > used to be, and binaries that run on one will often run on another
> > without too many problems.  The best thing to do is try it and see if
> > it works!
>
> Have a look at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/porting/port_table.html,
> it shows which particular combinations of gcc/g++ and glibc would work.
Thanks,