Re: [Condor-users] Suspending other jobs when a privileged user submits a new job

Hi Matt,

	Thanks for your reply.

matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx said:
> I fear you have misunderstood the capabilities of the SUSPEND functionality.
> It does not allow you to free up the slot for use by another job. Only to stop
> a job doing anything for a while (the original idea presumably being that if
> someone wants to use the machine interactively they can be largely unaffected
> by the job without totally killing it).

	Hmmm. So you're saying that the job will be suspended, but it
will continue to occupy a slot?

	I'll take a look at multiple slots and see what I can do.  Is
there no other way to ask condor to overcommit a processor (i.e.,
have two jobs -- in my case, one suspended -- assigned to the same
processor)?

						Thanks,
						Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx