[Condor-users] Adjusting Command Timeouts

Is there a way to shorten the timeout period for a command?  For instance, when I type ‘condor_reconfig –all’, it goes through each machine one by one to send the reconfig command.  If it has trouble connecting to a machine, it hangs there for what seems like several minutes.  It then fails and then moves on to the next machine.  With hundreds of machines in the pool, this takes forever.

It would be nice to change this timeout to a few seconds.

Maybe I’m not even using the proper command?  What I’m doing is changing a value in a shared condor_config file for my pool, and I want all of the machines in my pool to immediately use the new value.  Condor_config –all seemed like the most likely candidate to do that.  Should I be using a different command maybe?

Thanks

John Alberts
Technical Assistant for EMS
alberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx