From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schairer, Wolfgang (NSN - DE/Munich)
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 7:25 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Network drive letter under Windows XP

Hi there,

I am using condor under Windows XP. My files including the job descrition files are placed on a samba share that is mapped to a drive letter (S:). When I try to submit the job I get an error message:

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Unable to get name of user associated with
the following network path (err=2250):
S:\wolfgang\MultiRate\40G_ODB_10G_NRZ\7x40G_ODB

I found a similar post ("[condor-users] network-drives under Windows 2000"), and i checked the things mentioned there:
- net use shows the mapped drive letter
- dir works in this directory

Unfortunately there is no further explanation given. So perhaps someone can help me?

Condor version: 6.8.5 May 17 March 2007

Thanks a lot!

Wolfgang

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG
COO IPT DWDM RD DEV HW1 SDE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, 81730 München
Tel.: +49-89-636-43569
Fax: +49-89-636-51115
wolfgang.schairer@xxxxxxx

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG - Sitz der Gesellschaft/ Registered office: München (Munich) - Registergericht /Commercial register: München (Munich), HRA 88537 - WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 52984304. Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin /General Partner: Nokia Siemens Networks Management GmbH - Geschäftsführer /Board of Directors: Joachim Malterer, Lydia Sommer- Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered office: München (Munich) - Registergericht /Commercial register: München (Munich), HRB 163415