From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thompson, Cooper
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 15:14
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] how do you run an executable that is already
onthe target system?

I had exactly the same problem (with exactly the same .bat file I
suspect ;)

I decided in the end that Condor must treat .bat files as a special
case, which is somewhat unfortunate, but probably for some reason.  In
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-June/msg00293.shtml
there is discussion - and a comment that condor internally renames .bat
files to prevent illegal names (not sure I agree with this solution -
but I don't know the full story).

I ended up just letting it transfer the .bat file (as of SS 5.4 the
start_socet.bat file doesn't seem to care if it isn't where it thinks it
should be).  My submit file looks <em>exactly</em> like yours but has
these lines commented out:

# transfer_executable = false
# copy_to_spool = false

I do perform some clever pushd/popd in a wrapper - and I don't remember
offhand if that was related (it might have been to prevent the transfer
any extra files in the cwd.)

The important comment from the message linked above:

Regarding condor_exec.bat: