Re: [Condor-users] Condor for Solaris 10?

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Grunewald wrote:
Hi,

I've been suggested to purchase one (or more) Sun X4500 as checkpoint servers,
but obviously there's no support for Solaris 10 (and Solaris support only for
the SPARC platform)... Are there intentions to provide a checkpoint server for Solaris 10_x86 ?

It looks as though those machines should run Linux. Sun's official party
line on linux is usually Redhat and SuSE, but as far as I've been able
to tell, they're not usually doing anything so funky that other distros
won't work. So unless there's a particular reason to run Solaris it
seems like you should be able to drop Linux on these and be on your way.

Best,

---Steve

--
Steve Barnet
UW IceCube

Orange Alert: We believe that parties unnamed will attack
places not specified with weapons unknown at some point in
the future.