Re: [Condor-users] CONDOR_IDS

On Apr 3, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Obi wrote:

I know this is a question which comes up once in a while and I did search the mailing list, but so far it didn't help. I have a condor pool and one
machine refuses to start with this error

ERROR: the uid specified in CONDOR_IDS config file variable (16444)
does not exist in your password information.
Please set CONDOR_IDS to the '.' seperated uid, gid pair that
should be used by condor.

Problem is that (as you can see) the condor_config contains the
CONDOR_IDS and that that user is functional since I routinely login as
that user. So that ID really exists in the passwd (and so is for the
group ID).

What is going on here? What am I doing wrong?

Can you post the exact error message you're seeing?

Is the username of uid 16444 "condor"? If so, you don't have to set CONDOR_IDS.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison Condor Team