Re: [Condor-users] can't have ADMIN acces

Hi,

Sorry to reply to myself, but I just understand that I should not mix
the new(user based) and the old(ip based) security setting for a
feature. So if I comment HOSTDENY_ADMINISTRATOR = *, my setup work.

I have one other question. Both condor_restart and condor_reconfig
need admin access. But this don't seem to be the case as if I have in
my config file:

#HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = $(CONDOR_HOST)
#HOSTDENY_ADMINISTRATOR = *
ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = test-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/*.iro.umontreal.ca

test-user can use condor_restart and condor_reconfig and the log show
that it work.
Other used are denied access to condor_restart, but are allowed to do
condor_reconfig!
So this mean that condor_reconfig and condor_restart don't use the
same authorisation setting. But I think they use the same.

here is the log from condor_reconfig from user that should not be authorised

4/7 13:48:43 DC_AUTHENTICATE: Success.
4/7 13:48:43 IPVERIFY: matched with *.iro.umontreal.ca
4/7 13:48:43 IPVERIFY: hoststring: mona01
4/7 13:48:43 Reconfiguring all running daemons.
4/7 13:48:43 Sent SIGHUP to STARTD (pid 4981)

here is the log from condor_restart from user that should not be authorised

4/7 13:51:52 DC_AUTHENTICATE: Success.
4/7 13:51:52 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
from host <132.204.26.124:58194> for command 453 (RESTART), access
level ADMINISTRATOR

Can someone confirm that condor_restart and condor_reconfig should use
the same authorisation setting of admin?

thanks

Frederic Bastien