Re: [Condor-users] Why does condor touch all logs/*Log files?

Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
It would make my life much easier if condor did not touch all the log files in logs/*Logs. The dates are always "now", even though the contents for many of them have not been changed for hours or even days. I can imagine why this happens, but really it would be better if the files were only written to when there was something to write.

Ask, and you shall receive.  :).

You can disable log touching feature by setting TOUCH_LOG_INTERVAL in your condor_config file(s) to specify the number of seconds between each touch, and then doing a condor_reconfig. By default this parameter is 60 seconds.

So to disable try something like
  TOUCH_LOG_INTERVAL = 999999

regards,
Todd