Re: [Condor-users] Getting output of an application

Sending us the submit scripts would help.

A common problem is that people forget to transfer the actual program
across.

Do you have
universe = vanilla
executable = your_shellscript

Do you have anything set for transfer_input_files or arguments?

If you shellscript takes your program as an argument, then it will need to
appear on the arguments line as well as the transfer_input_files.

If your shellscript refers to any files or calls programs which refer to
other files, then ALL those referred to files and programs need to be on the
executing machine. This may be OK if you have a shared file system and you are
using fill paths to get there, but if not - they will need to get there somehow.
Adding them to transfer_input_files would be the way to do this.

Note if you have large numbers of files that are always accessed, you can
"tar" them up and send them as a single file, and then your shellscript can unpack
them before running your program

I hope this helps

JK