Re: [Condor-users] [Looking for a simple scheduling example]

Jean-Pierre,
The Condor manual has a number of good references:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/

The Condor "negotiator" performs match-making between jobs that need to run, which are queued in a "scheduler", and machines available to run them, as described here:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/2_3Matchmaking_with.html

An overview of running jobs is present here:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/2_4Road_map_Running.html

For jobs with Dependencies, there is a "scheduler" universe job manager that manages job dependencies, pre/post execution scripts and error conditions for a set of jobs that feed results to each other (a Direct Acyclic Graph Manager):
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html

If you have any additional questions, I have a team of people that help companies with installation/support/management tools for Condor that you can e-mail: info -at- cyclecomputing.com.

Best of luck,
Jason

--
Jason A. Stowe

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Condor Grid Solutions
Enterprise Condor Support and CycleServer Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com