Re: [Condor-users] Desired HostName for Virtual Machine

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:39 AM, JohnsonKoilraj <johnson.raj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

        i) how the display name of the started VM is getting <USERNAME>.<SUBMITHOSTNAME>.<JOBID> and it is updated into the VMX file Created by VM-GAHP

      2) Can I specify desired name for the VM which is started.

Currently, it is very hard to change the name of VM.

      3)  If you want to insert some parameters into a virtual machine config file by using "+" in condor_vmware_config.vmware .

      How to define a variable here.  HOSTNAME = `hostname -s `
             +guestinfo.hosthostname = $(HOSTNAME) is not working to change hostname of VM

condor_vmware_config.vmware is not bash file. So `hostname -s` doesn't work.

If you want to change the name of VM in vmx file, here is hack I think.

In the final stage, Condor will execute condor_vm_vmware.pl to start a VMware VM. The first argument for condor_vm_vmware.pl should be "start" and the second argument is a vmx file created by vmgahp. If you want to change vmx file before starting a VM, you may insert some codes in "sub start" in condor_vm_vmware.pl.

Regards,

Jaeyoung