Re: [Condor-users] Submitting DAGs as a different user

> > You could submit from Linux:
> >
> > sudo -u <username> dag_submit ...
> >
> > But target Windows. From Windows you could use runas and maybe the
> > credentials can be cached for runas (I haven't used it in a
> while and
> > don't have a Windows machine here right now to check credential
> > caching against). But it requires a human to type the
> password at least once.
> >
> Sadly I'd like to get it working on windows. Runas' password
> can not be set from the command line, so its out of the question.
> I tried using similar utilities but with no luck (had strange
> problems with environment variables) and thought that a
> native condor solution would be the cleanest solution if there is any.

Do you have to run the schedd on Windows or just be able to submit from
Windows? If it's the latter you can set up a submit over SSH to a
Linux-based schedd from a Windows machine using putty. It'd be a huge
security hole (anyone could run jobs as anyone else) though. And it
requires a common shared network drive between the Linux machine running
the schedd and the Windows machine where you're doing the submit.

You could also put a thin layer between your users and Condor. So users
submit from an OS to your thin layer which brokers the submit to Condor
in the back end. There are some cost effective solutions out there like
CycleServer for doing this sort of thing.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.