Re: [Condor-users] Java universe on WinXP, misconfigured?

Hi Ben,

I don't have any windows submit nodes, so I can't really test that. I did however, recompile on a Windows box, and checked that it would run from console. I set D_FULLDEBUG, and I also tried removing the -Xmx argument from condor_config, as suggested by Ian Cottam. None of the above seem to have any effect; I still get the same behavior and the same thing is logged by the Starter:

4/16 15:29:48 Create_Process succeeded, pid=3300
4/16 15:29:48 Process exited, pid=3300, status=1
4/16 15:29:48 JavaProc: JVM pid 3300 has finished
4/16 15:29:48 pid=3300, JobPid=3300
4/16 15:29:48 JavaProc: JVM exited normally with code 1
4/16 15:29:48 JavaProc: Wrapper did not leave start record.
4/16 15:29:48 JavaProc: I'll assume Java is misconfigured here.

Looking at these lines again, I wondered if the CondorJavaWrapper was ever started at all. So I copied my classfile onto one of the machines, and ran the same command condor supposedly runs, from the console:

java -Xmx501m -classpath "C:\Progra~1\Condor\lib";"C:\Progra~1\Condor\lib\scimark2lib.jar";. -Dchirp.config="C:\temp\javatest\chirp.config" CondorJavaWrapper "C:\temp\javatest\jvm.start" "C:\temp\javatest\jvm.end" JavaTest

Much to my surprise.. it worked just fine. It left a file jvm.start containing "started", and a file jvm.end containing "normal", so the CondorJavaWrapper apparently works.. but not when started by condor.

Of course, I ran that on my own user account, and Condor is trying to use condor_reuse_slot1 instead.. could there be a permissions problem? Is there any way I can get more log info out of the condor_starter, or out of the CondorJavaWrapper, at runtime? Any ideas on what else to try?

Thanks,

Rob de Graaf

Ben Burnett wrote:
After more than a glance at the code, it seems that you are correct in this regard. I do it all the time too, I've just never looked over that
part of the code before.

Anyway, maybe running with D_FULLDEBUG enabled might help shed some light on the problem... it just seems so strange that it runs from the console but not under Condor. Do you have any Windows submit nodes, that you can for to submit to a Windows machine? (After compiling the code on the Windows machine as well... not that that should make a difference either.)