Re: [Condor-users] Need help with 7.0.1

Hi Steven,
Thanks for the ideas.

condor_status -l | grep Name and condor_status -l | grep "Machine ="
gave the expected slots and machines. And with escaping

condor_status -constraint "Machine=\"BDOMO3-91.ad.water.ca.gov\""
now works OK and returns four slots. As Ralph's message indicates, the escaping causes a syntax error when used in the Requirements.

If I set Requirements = True or use Name== in the sub file, the submission works fine. I set requirements to the machine that is verified with condor_status -l | grep "Machine =", the job stalls unless the machine is my own machine BC. If I set:
Requirements = Machine == "BC.ad.water.ca.gov"

the job DOES work, however it is not necessarily run on BC! Does that help at all?

Thanks,
Eli

Steven Timm wrote:
Two possibilities to look at.
First, do condor_status -l | grep Name
That will show you the Name field for all the classads in
your pool, you can see if you have one that matches.
Second, for Requirements that contain double quotes
as you had below, I believe you have to
escape the double quotes these days.
Requirements = (Machine == "BDOMO3-86.ad.water.ca.gov")
the syntax was posted recently, I believe it should be

Requirements = (Machine == \"BDOM030-86.ad.water.ca.gov\")

Steve

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.