Re: [Condor-users] Make Quill 7.0.0 work with a 6.8.6 DB schema?

Ian Chesal wrote:
Is there a backwards compatibility option for Quill in 7.0.0 that'll
make it work with a 6.8.6 DB schema?

No, just a tool to automagically migrate your schema to the new Quill 7.x version.

I don't want to go through a DB
schema update at this point in time.

I cannot see any reason why the following wouldn't work:
  - Install Condor v7.x.
- Install v6.8 quill daemon over the 7.0 quill daemon. Don't bother to run the v7.x dbmsd. - Install the v6.8 condor_q and condor_history tools over their v7.0 brethren (if you want to keep the ability of these tools to query postgresql directly).

The only thing you'd miss out on w/ the above setup is any new functionality added into newer versions of the condor_q and condor_history tools. But I think the above recipe would all work fine together, and allow you to keep the old schema and still enjoy all the improvements in most of Condor v7.x.

regards,
Todd