Re: [Condor-users] Make Quill 7.0.0 work with a 6.8.6 DB schema?

I'm trying to get a good feel for how things have changed in the 7.0.x
schema so I can adapt our own stored procs that extract Condor-generated
data from the database and build our custom views and tables.

Tables appear to be named similarly but refactored differently. You used
to have the classads stored vertically in clusterads_num,
clusterads_str, procads_num and procads_str. Now it appears that
critical attributes are stored in clusterads_horizontal and
procads_horizontal while the less important attributes are in
clusterads_vertical and procads_vertical. Is this correct?

The 6.8.6 schema was a tricky beast to work with and we wrote a lot of
code to get around some of its quirks. For example: data used to be
compressed by storing *some* cluster-wide attributes only in proc 0
entry for the cluster so you had to get attributes from several places
to build up a complete view of the attributes for a single proc. Does
this compression technique still apply?

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.