Re: [Condor-users] pool drainoff

privilege to run it.  If your pool is gsi-authenticated then
you have to have a grid proxy to run that command.
If it's normal host/ip authentication, you have to be on the
collector/negotiator to make the command work, it won't work
if you are logged into the startd node itself (and it won't
give you any errors saying that it didn't work).

I don't use GSI authentication in my pool and all administrative
commands are set to work from the local machine or from our negotiator.
And all other command (like condor_vacate) do indeed work properly from
the localhost. But not condor_off -peaceful. Waiting for 1 long job to
finish the machine starts to run other jobs in the empty slots.

Do the other slots show "retiring" in condor_status when you've done
the condor_off -peaceful?

Does anything show in MasterLog or Startlog saying that it got the
command?  (do you have at least D_COMMAND level of debug?)

Steve

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.