Re: [Condor-users] condor_submit feature request

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:34:13AM -0500, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
> Ryan Lewis wrote:
> > I would like to see support for the basic math operations ($(Process)
> > +12)*3/400
> >
> > That would solve your problem.
> >

> They would indeed.  And that functionality is already there (for the
> most part), and is much more powerful than just basic math ops.
>
> So Steffen said he needed to pass an argument to his program that is
> based off of $(Process).   Take note that $(Process) isn't the only
> macro available.  From the condor_submit man page, take note of the
> special macro form
>    $$([ ... some ClassAd expression ... ])

I also said that I wanted to fill "gaps". Process number math introduces
another source of typos, and would have to be adjusted each time.

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:37:59AM -0500, Greg Thain wrote:

> The 7.1.2 version of Condor will support this, through the unseemly $$([
> syntax:
>
> arguments = $$([$(PROCESS) + 200])

While that adds another opportunity to make things more readable, it also
adds another opportunity to forget the maths in a single place, and
overwrite the output of another already finished job.

What I was initially looking for was a way to (re-)run job # n from a
job cluster, perserving its job ID. To what extent does Condor rely on
consecutive job ids within a cluster?

Steffen