Re: [Condor-users] Dagman log on NFS

Just clearing out some old emails here; sorry for the slow response.

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, maillet wrote:

I'm trying to use Dagman on a Shared File System (NFS).
When I submit my dag I have this warning:

WARNING: Log file /mnt/espace_condor/test.dag.dagman.log is on NFS.
This could cause log file corruption and is _not_ recommended.

the process starts but a condor_wait on this log failed with this message:

ERROR "Assertion ERROR on (is_locked)" at line 916 in file user_log.C

So, I need to put the dagman log in an other place (not one the NFS),
but the only way I found to do that is:
1/ make a condor_submit_dag -no_submit
2/ edit the generated file to change the log filename
3/ submit this edited file

It works, but it is maybe not the correct method....
Please could anyone explain how to choose the dagman.log file location
in a condor_submit_dag command?

Yes, as of right now that's the only way to do it.  You can use the
-outfile_dir command-line flag to condor_submit_dag to change the
directory in which the dagman.out file is created -- maybe that should
also be expanded to affect other files, such as the dagman.log file,
but right now it only affects dagman.out.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team