[Condor-users] Condor-compiled network test app gives Bad File Descriptor on recv

I'm currently testing condor 7.04 with a small network test application.
It's a simple server-client program that functions correctly when not compiled with condor_compile, but fails in the server part on recv with "Bad File Descriptor" when compiled/linked with condor.

The current test-system is my workstation computer running Ubuntu 8.04.
I've been testing the program standalone on this workstation, but the same error occurs when submitted onto a small condor network.

Suspecting that the problem could be compability related with regards to the system glibc, etc. I have tested both the older Redhat 9.0 and RHEL5 packages from condor on both my current Ubuntu workstation as well as a Debian 4.0 machine.

Stracing the program doesn't give me any more clue on why I get the EBADF error. The file descriptor for the connection is valid right up to issuing the recv.

I have a couple of questions that I need to clarify:

1) Is it even possible to run networking applications on the standard universe (From the manual I understand this to be yes, but with limitations on the checkpointing during open sockets).

2) Could the problem be related to the linux distribution I'm testing this on? Ubuntu 8.04 as well as Debian 4.0

3) How does condor_compile wrap around the network functions?

I'll be happy to provide more information i.e. source if needed.

Aleksander Lygren Toppe