Re: [Condor-users] Running jobs as submitting user in Windows

Hi Alex:

Unless you are explicitly using one of the following variables as
part of the job requirements, then the "MachAttributes::publish"
message should not affect you.

WindowsMajorVersion
WindowsMinorVersion
WindowsBuildNumber
WindowsServicePackMajorVersion
WindowsServicePackMinorVersion
WindowsProductType

As to what MachAttributes::publish() does: it serializes the machine
class ad so that is can be used to advertise with and match against.
(And, in this case, the publish() part is incorrect: the code is in
the constructor for MachAttributes.)

What bothers me the most, is that you are seeing this fail on a
Windows machine, which *should* never happen... can we take this
offline and try to figure-out why the version information is not
being gathered?

Regards,
-B