Re: [Condor-users] How to solve/debug no matching?

Carsten Aulbert wrote:
Hi again,
Any hint how I can debug this further to narrow down why it does not work?

It seems that our BOINC backfill was the unknown reason. When setting
ENABLE_BACKFILL to FALSE all idle jobs were pushed to the cluster within
a few minutes.

Looking through the configuration of our backfill (no magic involved as
far as I can tell), I don't understand this as I thought Condor killing
the backfill as needed (extra escapes here needed since this
configuration file is piped):

ENABLE_BACKFILL=TRUE
BACKFILL_SYSTEM=BOINC
START_BACKFILL=\$(StateTimer)>(1*\$(MINUTE))
EVICT_BACKFILL=FALSE

Here's a shot: EVICT_BACKFILL = FALSE would suggest once in the backfill state the machine will always stay in the backfill state.

Best,

matt

BOINC_HOME=/local/boinc
BOINC_Executable=/opt/boinc/bin/boinc_client
BOINC_Universe=vanilla
BOINC_InitialDir=\$(BOINC_HOME)
BOINC_Output=\$(BOINC_HOME)/boinc.out
BOINC_Error=\$(BOINC_HOME)/boinc.err
BOINC_Owner=boinc

Anyone with an idea what went wrong here?

Cheers and Guten Rutsch (Happy New Year)

Carsten