From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jaime Frey
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 9:08 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] FileLock::obtain(1) failed - errno 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

On Feb 4, 2008, at 8:33 AM, arash wrote:

Dear All,

I have two dedicated resource ( quad-core with ubuntu 7.10 , condor 6.8.8).

Although my condor daemons are run on both of them, but I have the following error in their MasterLog file

 FileLock::obtain(1) failed - errno 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

 ERROR "Can't get lock on "/home/condor/log/InstanceLock"" at line 978 in file master.C

In addition my InstanceLock files are empty. Is there anyone who know what does it mean and how can I fix it.

You can only have one set of Condor daemons writing their log files to a given log directory. To ensure this, the master daemon locks the file <log>/InstanceLock. The error you're seeing means that a process already has the file locked.

In your master log, it appears you're trying to run two sets of daemons using the same log directory. Give them separate log directories (also separate execute and spool directories).

Thanks and regards,

Jaime Frey

UW-Madison Condor Team