Re: [Condor-users] Dynamic Insertion of resource Class-Ads

Hello everybody,

I tried the STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST and specified a job's mode as "WaitForExit" as specified in the Condor Mannual page :

STARTD_CRON_NAME = GMANAGER

GMANAGER_JOBLIST = job2
GMANAGER_job2_PREFIX = prefix_
GMANAGER_job2_EXECUTABLE = /home/condor/install/modules/logger
GMANAGER_job2_PERIOD = 5m
GMANAGER_job2_MODE = WaitForExit

Now my "logger" is giving me a output of the form "Check = (some int value)" (ClassAd) and updates a log file too, which I need to keep for some of my purpose in the same directory where executable is. According to the above entry, this "logger" should run every 5 minutes. Now this is where the problem is, my script is not running at all. When I change the MODE to Periodic, it runs just once. Is there anything above I am doing wrong? I checked the STartLog too, which says:
2/11 20:06:33 Cron: Initializing job 'job2' (/home/condor/install/modules/logger)
Which I guess the job is getting Initialized with Cron, but not updating my log, every 5 mins.

Any Information provided would be great.

Thanks,
Saurabh Agarwal,
Graduate Student - Computer Science,
Binghamton University.

On Jan 31, 2008 3:16 PM, Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 03:07:43PM -0500, Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply, but I am not sure where to look for
> STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST. I checked condor_config file

That's a good start, but besides the example config file, you'll also want
to check the manual:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/

START_CRON_JOBLIST, in particular, is documented here:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/3_3Configuration.html#13490

-Erik