Re: [Condor-users] Complex syntax for arguments

arguments = "weka.classifiers.meta.Vote -t somefile.arff -B '""weka.classifiers.meta.AdaBoostM1 -S 4""' -B"

produces these arguments:

1: weka.classifiers.meta.Vote
2: -t
3: somefile.arff
4: -B
5: "weka.classifiers.meta.AdaBoostM1 -S 4"
6: -B

Is that what you want?

--Dan

Craig Bruce wrote:

A program I use has a command-line version which can entail complex
arguments. When translating to my submission script it gives an error.

Actual command-line arguments: weka.classifiers.meta.Vote -t somefile.arff
-B "weka.classifiers.meta.AdaBoostM1 -S 4" -B
"weka.classifiers.functions.SMO -K "weka.classifiers.kernel""

I convert this to arguments = "weka.classifiers.meta.Vote -t somefile.arff
-B ""weka.classifiers.meta.AdaBoostM1 -S 4"" -B
""weka.classifiers.functions.SMO -K ""weka.classifiers.kernel"" "" "

It seems there are two problems when I convert to using double quotes.
1. You can not nest double quotes. (I tried triple/quadruple double quotes
too)
2. White spaces are not allowed inside double quotes (adding single quote
marks makes no difference).

Is this a limitation? is there a workaround for these complex arguments, or
have I just completely misunderstood the man page?

Thanks
Craig