[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Priorities and Dedicated Scheduling
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:40:38 +0000
- From: Sara Campos <scampos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Priorities and Dedicated Scheduling
We have a pool comprising several dedicated machines with different
architectures and CPU number. We installed condor 6.8.6 and we are
using a dedicated scheduler in order to run parallel jobs. In the
moment we have more jobs to run than available machines. The allocation
of resources by first in first out (FIFO) is leading to unfair sharing
of the resources. Our questions are:
1) Is there any way to overcome this problem ?
2) Will priorities be introduced in the dedicated scheduler soon in a
future condor release?