Re: [Condor-users] Testing for file existance before scheduling ajob

> On Jan 7, 2008 9:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <capveg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This should be a FAQ-style question (I'm fairly new to condor,
> > apologies), but I've been unable to find an answer for it with web
> > searches and FAQ listings.  I'm running in the vanilla
> universe, and
> > want to limit the set of machines my job can be scheduled
> onto to the
> > ones where a certain file exists.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a straight forward way to accomplish this?
>
> Advertise in the Startd's ClassAd the existence (or otherwise of the
> file) something like
>
> HasTheFlibbleFile = True
> HasTheFlibbleFile = False
>
> Then in your job submission file include in the requirementes
>
> HasTheFlibbleFile == True
>
> Obviously this is not automated, if you prefer that you can
> look at things like Hawkeye to automate the setting of the
> attribute but the basic principle remains the same...

Don't forget to add "HasTheFlibbleFile" to the list of ClassAds that are

exported too.

STARTD_ATTRS = HasTheFlibbleFile

should do the trick.

If you use
HasTheFlibbleFile =?= True in the Requirements

then that may behave as expected in hte case of "HasTheFlibbleFile ==
False"
being omitted.

See
http://epubs.cclrc.ac.uk/bitstream/1723/Gotchas2.ppt