Re: [Condor-users] Multiple windows machine management?

> I'm in the process of setting a windows XP/2003 pool.
> Do any of you have suggestions/Doc  on managing multiple
> machine. In the Condor documention for Windows the specified
> that binary/config file should be place on local disk, is
> there any way i could manager remotetly the version of condor,
> changing configuration files, on any of the machine etc....
> Any advice or experience would be appreciate.

We share all our configuration files (global and host-specific) off a
central share for our Linux, Solaris and Windows machines. Condor on
Windows will accept an UNC path for the location of the global
configuration file. The trick is that the share must be wide open to
read. No authentication allowed. Services on Windows run as account
SYSTEM which is an account that Windows generally does not allow to
acces network shares. If the share is wide open to read there are no
problems though. We use a Samba server set to read-only via a guest
account and it works perfectly.

You can also use the pipe capabilities of the CONDOR_CONFIG variable to
generate and/or fetch your Condor configuration files programmatically.
See the section "Executing a Program to Produce Configuration Macros" in
section 3.3.1.4 for details:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_3Configuration.html#11646

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.