Re: [Condor-users] Multiple windows machine management?

> Do you also share the condor binary, to make upgrade to  a new version
easy?

For Linux and Solaris the binaries are run out of an NFS share but on
Windows we keep local copies of the binaries on the box. The upgrade
process we use for Windows shuts down Condor on a machine and then
pushes new binaries to the box remotely through the \\hostname\C$ UNC
path using an account that's set up as an administrator account on the
machine. And then starts Condor back up.

My experience is that running software off CIFS or SMB shares never
scales.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.