Re: [Condor-users] Problem compiling 7.0.0 on openSUSE

Uwe Kahlert wrote:
Hi.

With Version 7.0.0 You started shipping the Condor source code.

So I thought I try to compile it on our openSUSE 10.2 systems, but it
stops with an error message

procapi.C:58: error: ‘HZ’ was not declared in this scope
procapi.C: In static member function ‘static int
ProcAPI::getProcInfo(pid_t, procInfo*&, int&)’:
procapi.C:590: error: ‘HZ’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [procapi.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/lxtx/ma12/software/Condor/7.0.0/condor_src-7.0.0/src/condor_procapi'
make: *** [condor_procapi/libprocapi.a] Error 2

This seems as if just HZ was not defined correctly?

Before I start tracing this, I would like to ask wether this is known or
wether I may encounter problems with this system in principle?

Kernel 2.6.18.8, gcc 4.1.2, glibc 2.5.34

Thanks

Uwe Kahlert

I did some quick digging, and it seems that your system headers might not be defining HZ. Do you see it defined when you run "grep -rn HZ /usr/include"? I have it defined in /usr/include/asm/param.h.

It isn't that there are problems in principle, but you are on a platform that Condor is not commonly built on. Some changes to the code might need to be done to get Condor to compile on your system. If you make the changes let us know about them over on condor-devel.

Best,

matt