[Condor-users] Third-party file staging with Condor-G

Hello,

The following message thread shows (I think) that third-party file staging
(from/to a GridFTP server different than the submission host) is not
implemented in Condor-G and currently not possible:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-July/msg00059.shtml

The most recent suggestion in that thread was to use a substitution macro
in order to refer to the matched target GT4 host:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-July/msg00128.shtml

However, I can't see how this alone could solve the staging problem. The
required transferCredentialEndpoint must refer to a piece of data which
1) has to be created by Condor before the WS-GRAM job is created (this
possibly only occurs if you specify input_files/output_files?)
2) has to be known by id to the job submitter - but I didn't find any
macro which would expand to this id

So I guess I have to repeat the original question: is WS-GRAM-level
third-party file staging possible with Condor-G somehow, nevertheless? If
not, are there any plans to implement it? The quickest hack which would
already bring big improvement would be to make it possible to inject one
or more <transfer> elements into the Condor-generated <transferRequest>
element.

Regards,
Jan Ploski